What part, if any, does the Bible play in your spiritual life? Are you getting something of value from it? Do you think you could get more? Is any of it confusing or troubling?
You are invited to a 5-week interactive workshop, led by new member Bill Geimer and based on Martin Borg’s Reading the Bible Again for the First Time and Karen Armstrong’s The Bible: A Biography. A purpose of the workshop is to explore a bit of how the bible came to be, and the spiritual paths that may be opened to us by looking at it differently.
How this will work:
The workshop will be conducted during the 5-week period beginning March 3rd, 2020.
1. Sign up by February 16th, indicating your preference for daytime or evening sessions. An attempt will be made to accommodate the greatest number of those interested. For those who cannot attend, the workshop may be offered again.
2. Provide your email address and phone number. This will constitute permission to share it with others in the workshop. You will be notified of the date and time of the first session.
3. Before the first session, read the book of Jonah. As this is a participant-led curriculum, future sessions will be based on passages that participants submit and share one week ahead of time.
4. Bring a bible to the sessions, any translation is OK.
5. Direct any questions to Bill at [email protected] or 250-642-0185.
Join us as we learn together about a spiritual resource we may not fully appreciate.